FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: What percent of your students attend college? What schools do they attend?
A: Between 93% and 98% of our students are college bound on a given year. Students are accepted into Cal State schools, UC schools, and many private colleges.
Q: Do students have to reapply to go to Calvary Chapel High School?
A: Our students automatically transfer from junior high to high school. We typically have more than a 90% return rate from 8th to 9th grade.
Q:What are the advantages of attending Calvary Chapel Junior High School?
- Your child will form relationships with other students that can be maintained from 7th grade to high school graduation.
- Your child will have multiple opportunities to compete in after-school athletics.
- Your child will be challenged by a strong academic curriculum.
- Your child will be surrounded by a Christian environment with an open, sincere emphasis on God’s Word and living a life pleasing to God.
- Your child will learn from teachers that love their students and teach them academically, as well as model for them what a real Christian looks like.
- Your child will be part of a school that is small enough for every student to know one another and large enough for students to find new friends as they grow and mature.
- Your child will be blessed and encouraged by a faculty and administration desirous to serve and minister to both students and families.
Q: What is the Adolescent Whooping Cough Booster (Tdap) Requirement?
A: For the current school year, and all future school years, all students entering, advancing or transferring into 7th grade will need proof of an adolescent whooping cough booster immunization (called “Tdap”) for school in the fall. This new school immunization law affects all students in public and private schools.
Q: What is your discipline process like?
Q: What sort of curriculum do you use?
Q: Is there any sort of after-school program?
A: We do not have an after school program for our junior high students. The library is open until 4 pm daily, and students can read or study there. Typically, students should leave the campus by 3:15 PM.
Q: Do your students use computers?
A: Our teachers use projectors for videos and PowerPoint presentations. Our CRL is equipped with thirty Dell desktop computers, a mounted projector, and a remote InterWrite pad. Our life science class is equipped with a video microscope. All classrooms have interactive "smart board" technology as well. As mentioned above, students also have access to computers in the library.
Q: What electives do you offer?
8th grade students may select from a variety of electives. CCJHS annually determines which classes will be offered for the upcoming school year.
Q: What do you offer for PE?
A: We have a great relationship with our church. We are an extension of the ministry of CCCM. The junior high pastor is actively involved with our school, and many of our students attend the youth group on Wednesday night. Our entire staff attends services at Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa.
Q: What after school sports programs do you offer?
- Girls--volleyball, basketball, soccer, and softball
- Boys--flag football, basketball, soccer, and volleyball