Community Service Information
Community Service is a requirement at Calvary Chapel Junior High School.
The purpose of a community service project is to develop leadership by helping those who are in need in our community.
- Community Service is under the Bible Department. This will be entered into the gradebook as 5% of their overall grade each semester.
- Students must complete 8 hours per semester/16 per year.
- The form is posted on the Bible classes Google Classroom pages. Students will be allowed to fill out the form as many times as necessary.
- The final day to turn in the 1st semester community service form into Google Classroom is Wednesday, January 19th and Wednesday, June 8th for 2nd semester.
- Summer community service hours can be turned in and logged towards your service hours.
- Students may serve at any church or non-profit ministry (soup kitchens, homeless ministries, etc.)
- Students may serve youth athletic programs (volunteering as a referee, assisting with practices, etc.)
- Students serve with an organization to help clean up our beaches or parks
- Students may not do any work for a for-profit corporation, business or do anything for payment.
- Students may not receive service hours for donating money, groceries, clothing or unwanted items.
Listen to the morning announcements for other upcoming opportunities.