Community Service Information
The purpose of a community service project is to help those who are in need in our community through practical applications. The Bible instructs us not to “love in word or talk but in deed and in truth” (1Jn.3:18). Serving our community in a selfless manner for the good and betterment of others is a key part of the Christian education we seek to promote at CCJHS. Ultimately, community service is a chance for students to demonstrate the love of God for others by giving sacrificially of their time and/or resources.
- Every junior high student must complete a minimum of eight (8) hours per school year which amounts to four (4) hours per semester. These hours may be completed at any time during the school year, including the summer months prior to the start of the year.
- All community service must be documented on the CCJHS community service record card (available in the school office or print PDF to the right).
- Students who do not complete the mandatory hours of community service will have the missing hours added to the following semester.
- Community service is a requirement for graduation at Calvary Chapel High School.
- Due date for hours is the last Friday of each semester.
Guideline (Do's and Dont's); Students...
- May serve at any church or non-profit ministry (soup kitchens, homeless ministries, etc.)
- May serve youth athletic programs (volunteering as a referee, assisting with clinic/practices, etc.)
- May NOT do any work for a for-profit corporation, business or do anything for payment.
- May NOT receive service hours for donating money, groceries, clothing or unwanted items.
Please check with the CCJHS administration if you have any questions about whether a particular activity will qualify for community service.